January 20, 2009

Just Got The News!

On Friday, January, 9th, I realized I was late. After 3 months of trying, I was excited to take a pregnancy test but had a feeling it would be negative again. Guess I was wrong. :) Chase had just gone to work and I knew I wouldn't be seeing him until late that evening. I wanted to see the expression on his face, so I didn't call him on the phone. I waited it out. Possibly the longest 8 hours of my life. I wrapped the digital pregnancy test that said "pregnant" in a little red box and tied a ribbon around it. When I came home that night, I dropped it in the bag of KFC (which I had been craving for a week). When he opened the bag expecting some fried chicken and mashed potatoes, he got more than he bargained for. He opened it and gave me exactly what I had waited 8 hours for. A look of pure joy and love. He held me for an eternity as we realized we were going to be a mommy and daddy. Wow. Life will never be the same again. And we couldn't be happier.

No comments:

Post a Comment