January 20, 2009

First Doctor's Visit!

Friday, January 16th, we had our first doctor's appointment, which is where we found out that the baby is due on September 12th, 2009. On that day, I was 5 weeks and 6 days. We realize that it is still really early, and sometimes things can happen, so prayers are more than welcome. The doctor said that everything looks normal and we have no reason to worry about a thing. She scheduled us an appointment for an ultrasound for Monday the 26th and another regular appointment in four weeks. Also, I was reminded of my fear of needles that day. Apparently pregnancy requires lots of blood tests, which I have not experienced since kindergarten. Having such a horrifying memory of that day so long ago made me a little uneasy to begin with, but when I was sitting in that chair of torture, it all came back to me. The poor nurse had to stop half way through because I was passing out. She had Chase fanning me with a magazine and was instructing me on what to do with my stiff legs. She finished up on my other arm and for some reason, that side went much better. Thank goodness. :) I still have a huge bruise from the ordeal. Hopefully next time will go smoother.

No comments:

Post a Comment