March 7, 2010

Hunter and the Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day

Went to the mall to get six month pictures taken. Hunter wasn't in the mood but somehow the girl got 2 good ones. While we were waiting to view the pics, Hunter's stroller took a spill in the Macy's bathroom hallway. He was strapped in but the whole stroller tipped over with him in it. I have no idea how that happened. We suppose one of the wheels got stuck on a wall when it was coming around the corner. He got a big red bump on his forehead and we took him to the ER to make sure he was ok. They said he was and to keep an eye on him for the rest of the evening. The most traumatizing day of my life. Woke up this morning, there is no bump and no red, no bruise. Thank God. I realized I need to work on my strength in moments of crisis, thank you Mom, Grandma, and Andrew for being there to hold me together:) The doctor welcomed me to life with a boy and I am just now realizing the power of fear that comes with parenting.

1 comment:

  1. i'm so glad he is ok, i saw my mom yesterday and she told me what happened. DOn't feel bad at all, accidents happened and you are the LAST person in the world that would do anything to hurt your kids :) I know the feeling though, when riley was really little i left the side rail of her crib down and turned around just for ONE second, she pulled herself up on it and flipped out :( i felt SO bad, and that one was my fault kind of. Hunter is a tough boy, so glad he recovered quick!

    ReplyDelete